Police: Danbury Man Arrested After Assault on Pregnant Woman in Brewster
A Danbury, CT man was arrested after he allegedly struck a pregnant woman repeatedly in the face and stomach.
On Thursday, January 11, at approximately 7:35 p.m., NY State Troopers say that a victim drove into the parking lot of the State Police Brewster barracks to report a crime in progress.
At that time, Troopers and investigators reportedly took the passenger of the vehicle into custody, and started an investigation.
The State Police say that the investigation found that the passenger, identified as Allen P. Bredbenner, 35, of Danbury, CT, allegedly struck the pregnant operator repeatedly in the face and stomach with a closed fist while he was a passenger in the moving vehicle.
The victim was taken to Putnam Hospital for evaluation.
Bredbenner was arrested and charged with assault third-degree, and reckless endangerment second-degree. He was arraigned in the Town of Southeast Court and remanded to Putnam County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail, or $10,000 bond.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Guys In Brookfield Mysteriously Closes Without Warning
- Mark Boughton Keeps Promise, Makes Official Announcement On the Air
- Greater Danbury Restaurants Named CT's Best in 12 Categories
- Winter Playground Officially Opens for Connecticut Residents
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
Bonus: Five Guys on Federal Rd. Mysteriously Closes:
Bonus: The Hatters' Monument in Danbury, CT Is Unveiled