Post-Celebration Fireworks Safety Tips According to Lou Milano
Yesterday was of course the BIG day for fireworks but if you have lived in this country for some time you know the fireworks don't stop until people run out. So here are my fireworks safety/survival tips:
- If your head and heart are not in it don't even pick up the lighter. You gotta have laser focus and unbridled enthusiasm to blow stuff up without losing a digit.
- If someone yells "RUN" you run, this is not a time to ask a follow up question. You can sort out the details later.
- Do NOT modify your fireworks like the Florida man who lost part of his hands and his eyebrows Tuesday night. Florida you say?
- Aim up. Even the best private/illegal fireworks display is going to have a close call or two. You can minimize these and set yourself up for success by not aiming at your guests.
- Stay in school, just say no, if you see something, say something. These are helpful in all facets of life.
P.S. Other than fountains and sparklers, fireworks are illegal in the state of CT. I'm not telling anyone to play with fireworks so if you blow off your big toe or get arrested that's on you.
Read more local stories:
- Danbury Set to Be Home to the Country's Biggest 'Airbag Park'
- Squantz Pond Reaches Capacity and Keyboard Warriors Go Wild
- 'Angry Lake Shouters' Help Police Patrol Candlewood Lake
- TV Host Has Over $1 Million in Sports Cars Stashed by Danbury Airport
Ethan and Lou Are Excited About Bofa Deez Nuts
Pam Brooks Takes a Look Back at Her Superstar Encounters: