Dramatic Drone Footage of Devastation Along Lake Zoar in Newtown
This week, we experienced multiple tornadoes and macrobusts, and along with them, all the after effects here in Connecticut, as well as some neighboring New York counties.
In this drone footage along Lake Zoar in Newtown courtesy of David Kullgren via the Newtown Police Department, you can see the downed trees, and how they look like pencils, or sticks lying on their side. You really get an understanding of the strength of the storm, especially when you see the roots of the trees firmly attached with embedded earth. You can see the pathway the storm took and how eerily just next to the damage it seems untouched.
This drone footage was filmed by Youtube user ManxCat73, who says it was shot with a DJI Mavic Pro on Thursday May 17, 2018. Please let us know what you think about the video in our comments section. We’d love to hear from you and learn more about your storm experiences.
LOOK: Here are the best small towns to live in across America
Read More Local Stories:
- 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed Between CT and H.V.
- Mayor Mark on Danbury's Power Restoration, Injuries, Storm Damage
- A List of Storm Shelters Now Open in Greater Danbury
- Listeners Share Their Devastating Storm Experiences [GALLERY]
- Danbury, Brookfield Police Departments Issue Statements On Storm
- New Fairfield Looked Like a War Zone in the Storm's Aftermath
What Would Like to See LESS of On Candlewood Lake?
Bonus Video: Lou Milano Presents: 'Snack Attack'