‘Hazardous Weather Outlook’ Suggests Local Ice Jam Flooding
Last night, after reporting that there would be hazardous weather, slippery conditions, black ice, etc, I parked my car in my driveway, headed towards my front door and slipped.
When I say "slipped", what I really mean is that a patch of frozen nonsense had its way with my new boot. It took me straight up into the air before I slammed back down to earth with a thud, and a gigantic new bruise on my left side.
Sounds dramatic? It was, and I am still feeling the affects. Guess what? Here we go again!
The National Weather Service has issued another Hazardous Weather Outlook for our area:
Thursday through Tuesday - the combination of 1 1/2 to 2 11/2 inches of rain, a melting snowpack and mild temperatures may result in ice jam flooding along a few streams and rivers Friday into Saturday.
Ice, flooding. I swear, if I see one locust I am boarding the next rocket to Mars.
Read More Local Stories:
- Five Guys In Brookfield Mysteriously Closes Without Warning
- Mark Boughton Keeps Promise, Makes Official Announcement On the Air
- Greater Danbury Restaurants Named CT's Best in 12 Categories
- Winter Playground Officially Opens for Connecticut Residents
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
Bonus: Five Guys on Federal Rd. Mysteriously Closes:
Bonus: The Hatters' Monument in Danbury, CT Is Unveiled