Troopers Pursue Driver Traveling at a Blinding 45 MPH on the Taconic
When I first read the headline, I thought the driver might be 13 or 14.
The driver of the vehicle was cruising the Taconic Parkway at between 40 and 50 miles per hour in the Hopewell Junction area where other drivers had called 9-1-1 about a car being driven erratically.
According to putnam.dailyvoice.com, the driver turned out to be a 24-year-old woman from the Bronx. When New York State troopers began their slow-motion pursuit, the woman just kept on driving at the breakneck speed of 45 miles per hour for several miles.
When it finally registered that the New York trooper wanted her to pull over, she did just that but seemed a bit confused. She thought the flashing lights on the trooper's car was an ambulance and she didn't need to pull off to the side.
When asked for her license and registration, she told police she didn't have a driver's license or a registration. She was not impaired but because of her joyride in the country, she was issued many traffic citations.
Read More Stories:
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
- Connecticut's Photos of the First Big Snowstorm of 2018
- Things You Can Get Away With During a Snowstorm That Are Otherwise Frowned Upon
- Vacationing CT Family Comes Home to a Frozen House
- Danbury's Role in the 'Separation of Church and State'
Bonus Video: Ethan and Lou Plunge Their Faces in Snow for Health Reasons:
Bonus Video: Lou Sneak Attacks Ethan With Snow Balls