Police Save Connecticut Woman From Jumping Off of Bridge
Heartfelt thanks to the bravery of the Stamford Police Department in saving the life of this woman.
We've seen time and again that we often never truly know what is in another person's heart and mind. What happens in their life that puts them over the edge. A Connecticut woman was seemingly brought to the brink of despair recently. Thankfully the Stamford Police were able to save her.
The tragedy was stopped just yesterday. This is the post from the Stamford Police Department Facebook page
Sadly the Stamford Police Department say they have noticed a rise in calls dealing with people in crisis.
In a story from the Stamford Advocate tragedy did strike on the same overpass of I-95 back in March of 2017. The report says that particular overpass, which has been known for several suicide attempts in recent years, became the site of another death, when a woman jumped onto Interstate 95 and then was hit by a car.
Please, if you know anyone that you believe is in need of help, get them professional assistance through an organization like National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at suicidepreventionlifeline.org 1-800-273-8255
Read More Local Stories:
- Mayor Mark on Danbury's Power Restoration, Injuries, Storm Damage
- Danbury, Brookfield Police Departments Issue Statements On Storm
- A List of Storm Shelters Now Open in Greater Danbury
- Listeners Share Their Devastating Storm Experiences [GALLERY]
- Severe Storm in Greater Danbury Causes Extreme Chaos
- New Fairfield Looked Like a War Zone in the Storm's Aftermath
What Would Like to See LESS of On Candlewood Lake?