Potato Salad Truck Jackknifes, Turns I-84 Into Giant Picnic in Middlebury
A tractor-trailer truck carrying potato salad jackknifed on Interstate 84 Westbound early Wednesday morning (April 11), closing the highway and spilling the popular side dish all over the road.
The accident happened at about 4:30 AM according to the Republican-American. There were no injuries reported in the accident. The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection Agency were called to assist with the spill. Cleanup took about an hour, and the road was reopened and traffic rolling again by 7 AM.
Several people on the State Police Twitter feed replied with concern for the potato salad and volunteered to help with the clean-up.
With Summer coming, I need to work on my potato salad game a little bit. Mine is very tasty, but I always end up boiling the potatoes for too long, and it comes out with the texture of mashed potatoes rather than potato salad. I know this about myself, yet I do it every time. I imagine the potato salad on I-84 this morning was a little mushy by the time it hit the blacktop as well.
Read More Local Stories:
- Large Reward Offered After Brewster Man Found Dead on I-84 in Danbury
- Your Chance To Win Up To $5,000 or see Ozzy in Houston is Here
- CT Man Arrested for Allegedly Robbing Bank to Impress Taylor Swift
- High Drama at Political Forum in Brookfield Monday Night
- 5 Things That Will Make People in Greater Danbury Angry
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously:
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: