Police: 1 From Danbury, 1 From Waterbury Arrested for Drug Trafficking
Danbury Police have reported the arrest of two men on drug trafficking charges.
At 7:00pm last Thursday evening (October 11), police report that they entered the residence of Christopher Kevin Maloney on Bank Street in Danbury. Police say that Chevalier Terrell Purvis of Waterbury was also inside the apartment. They announced that that they had a search and seizure warrant and told the men not to move. Police say Purvis then ran to the back of the apartment where he allegedly resisted restraint and tried to swallow a "substantial amount of cocaine".
Purvis and Maloney were both arrested and are being held on $100,00 bond each. They are facing the following charges:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of a controlled substance With Intention to Sell
- Possession of a controlled substance within 1500 feet of a school
- Possession of a controlled substance WITS within 1500 feet of a school
- Possession of drug pararaphenalia
- Possession of drug pararaphenalia within1500 feet of a school
Chevalier Terrell Purvis has the additional charge of Interfering with a Search Warrant.
Read more local stories:
- The Greater Danbury Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2018
- An Interactive Map of Connecticut's Most Haunted Places
- Why Are There So Many Dead Squirrels On Connecticut Roads?
- Watch Elan's In Danbury Being Torn Down [VIDEO]
Is Cumberland Farms Coming to the Old Bennigan's on Federal Rd.?
Bonus Round of Missed Headlines – Oct. 2018