Is it OK to Be Naughty in a Guest Room While Staying at Someone’s House
YouGov asked 2,690 adults this question: "Is it acceptable or unacceptable to have sex with a partner when staying in the guest bedroom of somebody’s home?" The results were mixed.
A deeper look found that men are way more likely to say it's acceptable than woman.
If you are a guest in someone's home, they should be trying to make your experience as enjoyable as possible so not only should they be cool with it, but they should encourage it over dinner.
This is a slam dunk to me, if I'm a guest in your home, I want that to be an option and if you are a guest in mine, I want that for you. You just have to control yourself a little bit. You cannot go "full hotel sex" action.
On the flip side, hosting people at your home is one of the worst parts of being alive. While I maintain that all my friends and family are always welcome in my home, having people there changes me and makes me angry.
Your home is the place you go to escape everyone and when anyone is in it, it's bad and here are the worst things about it:
- Changing guest sheets before/after stay. This is a necessary evil but a nightmare. Changing sheets is like wrestling a wet man. It's not easy, you don't want to be doing it and there will be swear words used.
- Creating activities for your guests. If your visitors are from out of town, you are required to create activities for them around town or at least offer. You have to pretend your town is interesting. You must devise an itinerary of local exercises for them to engage in around town that you have never actually done.
- Pretending to not be tired. When I become tired, the day is over. I could be in the middle of dinner or vacuuming the carpet, as soon as I feel that happen, I stop what I am doing and go to bed. When you have guests, it does not matter that you are tired. You are going to sit in a semi-circle in the living room, drag out already dead conversation and consume coffee and muffins whether you like it or not.
- No disagreements in front of the guests. My wife and I are both excellent at debate. We can passionately argue about the big life bullets or how to fold a towel correctly. This makes having guests difficult. No guest wants to witness one host, tell another to go "F' themselves. It makes for an awkward segue back to coffee and muffins.
- Constant cleaning, dishes, laundry and meals. You thought it would be fun, instead you are running a bed and breakfast.