Now Hiring: George Apap Painting Employees Enjoy Training and Monthly Bonus Programs
George Apap Painting leaders know their employees are the company's key to success, so they offer great benefits, a strong team atmosphere, and a continuous in-house training program called the Apap Academy. Led by George himself, Apap Academy is an important opportunity to develop your skills that gives you room to grow within the company.
Right now, they are seeking painters, soft wash team members, and carpenters who have great attitudes, love their work, and are interested in growing with the company. Other benefits include:
- A 401(k) program with a company match after a year
- Dental, health and vision insurance
- Two weeks of paid time off
- A monthly bonus program for all employees
- Weekly pay
Here's a closer look at each position:
Safety: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a safe manner at all times to ensure the safety of their customers and themselves, as set forth in the George Apap Painting Safety Manual. The painter must have a clear understanding of job-site safety. The painter is responsible for the safety and performance of every man on the crew in the absence of a Crew Leader and/or Lead painter.
Scope of Responsibility: as delegated by Crew Leader or Field Supervisor. Efficiently carry out paint-related duties in a professional, workmanlike manner. Ensure that all duties are completed within the time frame prescribed by the Crew Leader and/or Field Supervisor, and job sheets.
Duties and Responsibilities: Arrive to the job or shop in time to start work prior to 8:00 a.m. daily, unless otherwise specified by Crew Leader or Supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness & organization.
- Possess knowledge of products.
- Maintain a full set of tools, found on ‘basic took list’ page.
- Have the ability to move and use ladders and power equipment (i.e. sanders, sprayers, ladders up to 32’, etc.) according to the George Apap Painting Standards & Procedures
- Have a clear understanding of preparation procedures (i.e. sanding, caulking, sealing, etc.) according to the George Apap Painting Standards & Procedures
- The ability to perform all painting functions; i.e. paint windows, doors, soffits, fascia, shutters, etc.
- The painter is to monitor attendance, appearance, language, proper use of equipment for yourself and other crew members in the absence of a crew leader and/or master painter.
- It is the painter’s responsibility to help foreman train all apprentices
- Deal with customers’ questions and concerns on the job-site in absence of Crew leader and/or Lead Painter.
Soft Wash Team Member:
Safety: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a safe manner at all times to ensure the safety of their customers and themselves, as set forth in the George Apap Painting Safety Manual. Softwasher must have a clear understanding of job-site safety. The Softwasher is responsible for the safety and performance of every man on the crew in the absence of a Crew Leader.
Scope of Responsibility: Operate a high-pressure washing system to clean large areas, such as buildings, walkways, and to prepare surfaces for repair or construction. When working with the equipment, you must ensure the water supply is sufficient for the job and follow all industry standards and safety regulations. The ideal candidate has industry experience, can work independently, and is willing to drive to different job site locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate pressure washer machinery to clean surfaces
- Inspect the surface area after the washing to ensure it is clear of dirt and debris
- Clear the job site and store all hoses and equipment correctly
- Follow all safety protocols to prevent damage or injury
- Check the equipment to make sure you have an adequate water supply and that it is working properly.
Safety: All employees are required to conduct themselves in a safe manner at all times to ensure the safety of their customers and themselves, as set forth in the George Apap Painting Safety Manual. Carpenters must have a clear understanding of job-site safety. Carpenters are responsible for the safety and performance of every man on the crew in the absence of a Crew Leader.
Scope of Responsibility: We are looking for a qualified Carpenter to cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures according to specifications. Your job will entail working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products. Qualified applicants must have great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge of wood properties and other carpentry materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs foundations, walls, floors, ceilings, and roofs using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground levels.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required.
- Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment.
- Builds or repairs cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools, or power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Removes damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Inspects ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Moves necessary materials around jobsite as assigned.
- Cleans up worksite debris.