Ethan Says Lou Disrespected CT Gov. Ned Lamont, A Tale of the Tape
You know Ned Lamont as the Governor of Connecticut, but what about the man prior to serving the Nutmeg State? According to CT.Gov:
- Lamont was born on January 3, 1954, in Washington, D.C.
- His parents names are Edward Miner Lamont and Camille Helene.
- He is the oldest of three children.
- He was the President of the student newspaper at Phillips Exeter Academy.
- He graduated the Academy in 1972.
- He he earned a Bachelor of Arts in sociology from Harvard College, graduating in 1976.
- He also earned a Master of Business Administration degree from the Yale School of Management in 1980.
- Lamont married his wife Annie in 1980, they have three kids.
- He founded a newspaper.
- Lamont served on the Board of Selectmen and the Board of Estimate and Taxation in Greenwich, CT.
- Lamont founded a successful telecom company.
- Lamont ran for Senate in 2006.
- Ned Lamont was sworn in as the the 89th Governor of Connecticut on January 9, 2019
He also, according to i95rock.com:
- Hired his rapper cousin to be his "body-man" with no experience. This position reportedly paid around $50,000 per year. He later fired him, the cousins rapper name was MC One Con.
- In January of 2020, he was named the 4th most unpopular Governor in the U.S. thanks to a nationwide survey.
- In response to his poor polling numbers and being named of the country's least popular Governor's, he said, "I can't care about that s---!"
- He campaigned on a "truck only" toll plan for the state of CT and changed that to a full toll plan after election. He insisted on his toll plan for so long that an anti-toll organization all but forced him off of his position.
- Lamont's own party members did not back his toll plan.
- When Lamont proposed a plan to toll NY drivers passing into CT, a Senator from NY named Peter Harckham claims he attempted to reach out the Governor to discuss the plan. Harckham says the Governor did not respond to his invitation for a meeting.
- He decided recently that all CT restaurants must close at 9:30 pm to curtail the spread of the COVID-19. He altered that decision just days later pushing closing times to 10 pm.
I went down this road again because my morning show partner, Ethan Carey, does not stand behind the way "I treated" the Governor when he was on our show.
This is the conversation we had about that on Monday morning (11/9/20). Ethan and I were talking about how the Governor recently said he supports legalizing recreational marijuana in the Nutmeg State.
This is the interview with the Governor in question.
My bio for comparison:
- Born March 28, 1979.
- Graduated Brewster High School (New York)1997.
- Dropped out of Westchester Community College (New York).
- Graduate of the Connecticut School of Broadcasting.
- Used to own a Trans-am.
- Have been co-hosting one of the great American radio shows for 13 years.
- Can blow bubbles with my mouth.
- Can whistle like you read about.
- I am close personal friends with comedian "The Reverend" Bob Levy.
- I gets mines.
Pick a side.