Danbury, New Fairfield, New Milford Schools Have Early Dismissal
With the heat turned way up again, area schools are back on an early dismissal today (September 4), as temperatures soar into the 90s.
Since the start of the school year, administration officials at area schools have been dealing with one heat wave after another. The latest batch of hot weather, which started on Monday, has once again caused many area schools to close early and get students out of the schools before things really start to heat up.
According to newstimes.com, and Danbury Superintendent Sal Pascarella, Danbury Schools will follow their regular early dismissal schedule:
- School Readiness will close at 2:00 p.m
- The Special Ed Preschool program is canceled
- Danbury High School will be dismissed at 10:30 a.m
- Middle schools will be dismissed at 11:10 a.m
- Early elementary schools will be dismissed at 11:50 a.m
- Late elementary schools will be dismissed at 12:20 p.m
- Alternative Center for Excellence will be dismissed at 10:20 a.m
- Reach Program will be dismissed at 10:20 a.m
- Endeavor and Pathways will be dismissed at 11:00 a.m
- All after school activities including the extended learning program are canceled.
- Adult education night classes are also canceled
Read more local stories:
- Danbury Has 6 People Who Have Disappeared Without a Trace
- Bethel Woman Hits Powerball From Greenwood Ave. Car Wash
- Why Is This Neat CT Neighborhood with Dozens of Homes Abandoned?
What Happened When Ethan and Lou Found a Snake IN the Radio Station?
What Do Ethan and Lou Know About Today's Pop Culture?: