CT State Police Have DUI Checkpoints + Roving Patrols All Around Local Area
If you think that traffic is rough on a holiday, it looks like this 4th of July traffic might be even more epic than usual.
Because July 4th falls on a Wednesday this year, mid-week getaways will be on the rise from today all the way through Sunday. If you're planning on celebrating with alcohol, do yourself and everyone else a huge favor, DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! If you do, Connecticut State Police will be looking for you. This year, Troopers will have sobriety checks and DUI roving patrols to combat accidents and fatalities on the roads.
If you see what you think may be a drunk driver, call 911. That is a true emergency.
Connecticute State Troopers Roving Patrols and Checkpoints in our area are listed below:
- 7/3/18 - 7/7/18 - Route 8 exits 37-43
- 7/3/18 - 7/718 - Roving patrols along I-84 in Greater Danbury and Southbury area
- 7/3/18 - Interstate 91 & 95, Route 34 New Haven
- 7/4/18 Interstate 95, Routess 8 & 25 Bridgeports, Straford, Trumbull
- 7/5/18 Interstate 95 Stamford, Norwalk, Greenwich, Route 7 Norwalk
- 7/5/18 Route 8 Shelton, Ansonia & Derby
- 7/6/18 Merritt Parkway from NY line to Sikorsky Bridge
Read more local stories:
- Florida, You Say? Pam Brooks Has a Big Announcement
- Hummus and Pita Co. Set to Open First CT Spot on Federal Road
- 'Angry Lake Shouters' Help Police Patrol Candlewood Lake
- TV Host Has Over $1 Million in Sports Cars Stashed by Danbury Airport
- Plans FINALLY Made for Old Bennigan's Site on Federal Rd. in Danbury
Pam Brooks Takes a Look Back at Her Superstar Encounters:
Ethan and Lou Are Excited About Bofa Deez Nuts