Which Greater Danbury Town Was Ranked #1 Safest in America?
There’s a brand new ranking of the 100 safest cities in the United States, and Connecticut scored big time on the list. Six Connecticut cities made the list, but landing at the top of it as the nation’s safest locale is none other than Ridgefield, Connecticut.
Every year, NeighborhoodScout.com runs the numbers and stats comparing and contrasting criminal data throughout the nation. Ridgefield registered “a crime index of 95 out of 100 with 100 being the safest” says the reporting organization. These other Connecticut towns made it into the top 100 as well, according to their calculations:
- #21 Greenwich
- #45 Cheshire
- #61 Westport
- #96 New Milford
- #100 Shelton
The NeighborhoodScout search engine reveals that their methodology includes any and all reported crimes from all 18,000 different local law enforcement agencies in the United States of America.
For a small state of the union this is something really big we can be proud of. Click here to see the entire list of America’s safest ciites.
Read More Local Stories:
- Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton's Perspective on the Tragedy in Florida
- Police: 5 Children Found in Danbury After Alleged Kidnapping by Relative
- Stew Leonard's in Danbury Delivers Yet Another Monumental Treat
- What's Lurking at the Bottom of Candlewood Lake?
- Brookfield Home May Have Been a Stop on the Underground Railroad
Ethan and Lou's 10 'Deal Breakers' That Will End a Date in a Hurry:
A Cozy Storybook Castle in Connecticut for You and Your Queen: