Connecticut Man and Dog Hit by Car in Crosswalk, Somehow Walk Away
Here's a crazy, miracle of story that happened to be caught on video and posted online.
According to the Stamford Advocate, Just before 9:00 AM on Monday, a man was walking his dog in Stamford when a car ran them both over as they crossed the street. You can actually watch the accident unfold at the intersection of East Main and Lafayette Streets in Stamford in the video below.
While you may be quick to blame the driver, the video shows that the man did not wait for the crosswalk signal. The dog's collar was tangled up on the license plate of the car that struck them and the video shows a woman freeing him and walking him to safety.
Believe it or not, both man and dog were uninjured, refused medical assistance, and walked away from the scene.
Sgt. Sean Boeger reported that two verbal warnings were given to the man for disobeying a crosswalk signal and to the driver for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk.
Here's the footage:
Read More Local Stories:
- Brookfield Police Look to Identify Thieves at Two Day Care Centers
- Police: Danbury Man Threatens Person With Gun After Argument at Deli
- Teacher From Carmel Found Dead in School Bathroom
- New Milford Puts the Smackdown on Danbury in Gasoline Price Wars
- New Farm-to-Table Restaurant Opens in Newtown
Swim With Ethan to Tour the Incredible Tavern Island in Connecticut:
BONUS VIDEO: Ethan & Lou's Missed Headlines: