Watch Out for Credit Card Skimmers Popping Up Around Connecticut
Skimming devices that capture your debit and credit card information are showing up all over Connecticut.
From an article in the Ridgefield Patch comes news of bad guys placing skimmers on selected ATMs in Connecticut. How can you tell? Look for a small device that is attached to the card reader.
How can you tell if a skimmer has been placed on an ATM? Look for a small device that's smaller than a deck of cards and fits over the ATM card reader. Most of them have been placed in outdoor locations like gas station pumps or self-checkout machines.
If something looks weird or amiss, avoid that machine and report it immediately. Also, keep an eye on your credit and debit card accounts for any fraudulent charges. The following video shows you exactly what to look for.
For specific info on how to protect your credit card, click on patch.com and scroll to the bottom of the article.
Read More Local Stories:
- The 10 Commandments for Driving on I-684
- 5 Things Everyone From Danbury Already Knows
- New Milford Police: High School Student Arrested After Weapon Claims
- Police: New Milford Student Arrested After Fires Set in High School
- Looking Back at the History of Some of CT's Monumental Storms
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: