NY Issues Travel Advisory, Tractor-Trailer Ban on Tappan Zee
Governor Andrew Cuomo is asking motorists to stay off of the roads today to allow for plow trucks, utility crews and first responders to "do their job and keep New Yorkers safe."
Strong winds, heavy snowfall and limited visibility are creating hazardous driving conditions statewide. Several hundred flights out of NYC airports have been canceled and a ban on tractor-trailers, buses and motorcycles has been issued for the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge.
Several winter storm warnings remain in effect throughout the state. Heavy, wet snow will continue until the evening hours and strong winds with sustained speeds of 20-30 mph with gusts of 40-50 mph are possible. The high winds and heavy snow are expected to cause power outages throughout the region. The New York State Department of Public Service has extended Call Center Helpline hours until 7:30 pm this evening and will be open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday. Consumers can call 1-800-342-3377 for assistance with storm restoration efforts.
Read More Local Stories:
- The 10 Commandments for Driving on I-684
- 5 Things Everyone From Danbury Already Knows
- New Milford Police: High School Student Arrested After Weapon Claims
- Police: New Milford Student Arrested After Fires Set in High School
- Looking Back at the History of Some of CT's Monumental Storms
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: