Danbury Seeking Tenant For Tuxedo Junction Space
The City of Danbury is actively looking for a tenant to restore the Tuxedo Junction building on Ives Street to its former glory.
The longtime nightclub has sat empty for several years, after a long history of hosting local and national bands. It was last opened as an Electronic Dance Music venue, but closed in 2016. The City bought the building in 2017.
The City of Danbury has issued an official request for proposals from parties that may be interested in leasing the property. They will be hosting a walkthrough of the building on Monday, October 29, at 10 AM.
According to City documents, Danbury is looking to
identify and select a partner that can establish a business which serves the Danbury community and help to bring this property back to its former glory.
The City would provide the chosen partner with either a below-market value lease on the property, or a market rental rate if the City paid for improvements to the building. Prospective tenants are asked to submit:
- A letter of interest outlining the proposed use for the property.
- A business plan for the property’s use complete with rental and capital improvement costs.
- A demonstrated ability to acquire any necessary financing.
- Proof of insurance
The deadline for proposal submissions is November 21, with a decision on a new tenant/ business partner made by the end of 2018 or the beginning of 2019.
Having spent a lot of time in there over the years, I'd love to see the iconic club rise from the ashes. I always feel a little sad when I'm downtown and see it empty. If those walls could talk! From Rock to Jazz to Blues, Tuxedo's played host to a lot of great nights of music, and the thought of that coming back to Danbury is very exciting.
Read more local stories:
- The Greater Danbury Halloween Scavenger Hunt 2018
- An Interactive Map of Connecticut's Most Haunted Places
- Why Are There So Many Dead Squirrels On Connecticut Roads?
- Watch Elan's In Danbury Being Torn Down [VIDEO]
How to Win a $500 Gift Card With the i95 Halloween Scavenger Hunt:
Is Cumberland Farms Coming to the Old Bennigan's on Federal Rd.?