CT State Police Ask for Your Help to Find a Missing 16 Year Old
On Wednesday (6/14/23), Connecticut State Police Troop L in Litchfield, CT announced a missing persons case.
Authorities are reporting that 16 year old Sophia Sanchez is missing. and they added the following details:
"Sophia left a residential facility in Harwinton and has been missing since 6/5. She was last seen wearing grey jogging pants and a beige top. She is believed to be in the New Britain area and is possibly operating a Blue 2017 GMC Acadia."
They listed Sophia at 5'7" with brown hair and brown eyes. Police are categorizing this as a Silver Alert. If anyone has any information on Sophia’s whereabouts, please contact Troop-L at 860-626-7900.
The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children says if your child ever goes missing, you should take the following steps:
- Immediately call your local law enforcement agency.
- After you have reported your child missing to law enforcement, call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST® (1-800-843-5678).
- Notify the store manager or security office if your child cannot be found when in a store. Then immediately call your local law enforcement agency. Many stores have a Code Adam plan of action in place.
When you call law enforcement:
- Provide law enforcement with your child’s name, date of birth, height, weight, and descriptions of any other unique identifiers such as eyeglasses and braces.
- Tell them when you noticed your child was missing and what clothing he or she was wearing.
- Request law enforcement authorities immediately enter your child’s name and identifying information into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center Missing Person File.
Some of Danbury’s Most Remarkably Obscure Fall Facts and Fun Photos
Enthusiastic and Exuberant – My Weekend at Danbury’s San Gennaro Festival