NWS Issues ‘Special Weather Statement’ for Greater Danbury
Don't put your ice melt away yet, it looks like you are going to need it tonight.
Even with promises of warmer temperatures, it does not appear as though winter is about to leave us any time soon. The National Weather Service has issued a "Special Weather Statement" for our area.
Temperatures will be rising above the freezing point today, but that just means that when the sun goes down everything that melted will re-freeze. That is where the problem lies and where we need to be aware of these icy conditions.
Just in time for your drive home, it will be in the 20s, which will result in very slippery roadways, walkways, parking lots, etc. Black ice is also another big concern when driving or even just walking up the stairs to your front door. If you plan on being outdoors this evening make sure that you bundle up because temperatures will continue to drop in the the teens.
Read More Local Stories:
- Mark Boughton Keeps Promise, Makes Official Announcement On the Air
- WARNING: Watch for Dangerous Thin Ice on Candlewood Lake
- Greater Danbury Restaurants Named CT's Best in 12 Categories
- Winter Playground Officially Opens for Connecticut Residents
- Danbury Police: 3 Arrested in Association With String of Armed Robberies
Bonus: Mark Boughton Looks Toward Governor's Seat in '18:
Bonus: The Hatters' Monument in Danbury, CT Is Unveiled