Waterbury Releases List of Streets Being Milled and Paved
One of my best friends is out there tearing up the streets in Waterbury today, literally. My buddy Tim is the Boucher of Watertown's Black & Boucher LLC. They're an asphalt milling contractor, and they've been hired by Tilcon and the City of Waterbury to grind down and help pave a bunch of streets throughout the Brass City over the next couple of months throughout the summer.
Here's a pic that Tim just sent me of his machine, which basically grinds down the asphalt and layers of concrete, rocks, and earth to make the surface smooth and ready to accept a fresh new layer of paving materials.
Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary just released the initial list of streets that will be milled and paved over the next few weeks.
According to the post, the work will usually begin around 7 AM and continue typically to 5 PM. The streets that are going to be worked on are going to be very visibly marked and "no parking" laws will be strictly enforced prior and during the work. Here's a partial list of Waterbury streets that will be milled and paved. More will be announced over the next couple of months:
- Progress Lane
- Mattatuck Heights (Capt Neville to 2nd Cul-de-sac)
- Stonefield Drive
- Schraffts Drive
- Oak Tree Ave
- Blanchard St (Dead-end to Ellsmere Ave)
- Hayes Ave (Blanchard to dead-end)
- Kramer Ave (Blanchard to dead-end)
- Harker Ave (Blanchard to dead-end)
- Meriline Ave
- Dale Ave (From Meriline to Moreland)
- Norris St (E Main St to Meriden Rd)
- Webster St (Meriden Rd to dead-end)
- Manchester Ave (Alexander to Oldham Ave)
- Donald Terrace (Monroe to dead-end)
- Altyre St
Mayor O'Leary also directs anyone with questions to contact the City's Department of Public Works at 203-574-6851.