Two Greater Danbury Towns Make 2019 Safest Cities List
Not every city or town can be the safest in Connecticut, but two towns in Greater Danbury have landed in the top five of the latest list of the safest cities/towns in all of Connecticut.
The new list for 2019 has just been released by the National Council for Home Safety and Security and both Ridgefield and Newtown are at the top. The council ranks towns based on population, property crime, and violent crime. Here’s how the entire top five shakes down:
- New Canaan with 130 total crimes, 2 violent crimes, and 128 prpberty crimes
- Weston with 41 total crimes, 4 violent crimes, and 37 property crimes
- Ridgefield with 110 total crimes, 0 violent crimes, and 110 property crimes
- Newtown with 106 total crimes, 11 violent crimes, and 95 property crimes
- Madison with 86 total crimes, 0 violent crimes, and 86 property crimes
Rounding out the rest of this year's list (10 towns were included), were Greenwich, Brookfield, Monroe, Wilton and Cheshire.
So now that you know where the safest cities are, how about the most unsafe cities in Connecticut, the bottom of the list? Newington is listed as the least safe, followed closely by Hartford, Waterbury, Plainville, and New Britain.