The 7 Best Performances of the ‘Nutcracker Ballet’ in Connecticut for 2018
Nothing represents the holidays like watching a live performance of the Nutcracker Ballet. It’s a tradition that I have enjoyed for most of my adult life. This family-friendly holiday classic centers on Clara’s dream world brought to life after receiving a Nutcracker from her mysterious Uncle Drosselmeyer, which is transformed into a handsome Prince. Clara and the Nutcracker Prince journey to the Land of Snow and the Land of Sweets, where they are enchanted by various dancers.
Throughout the years, I’ve brought (dragged) my boys to various performances of the Tchaikovsky ballet – sometimes kicking and screaming, and usually equipped with headphones and video games. There were times that I would pack a 4-course meal, doing anything to be able to experience the ballet with my family. It was always worth the trip, and the show continues to bring me to tears. I’m looking forward to going again this year, and wanted to share some of the many performance dates with you. Please take time for the beauty of the Nutcracker right here in CT!
- Bridgeport, Klein Memorial Auditorium: December 15 at 12PM & 5PM, December 16 at 1PM
- Danbury, Danbury Music Center, December 7 at 7:30PM, December 8 at 2:30 PM & 7PM, December 9 at 3PM
- Hartford, The Bushnell: December 8 at 12:30 PM & 4:30 PM, December 9 at 12:30 PM & 4:30 PM, December 15 at 2PM and 7PM, December 16 at 2PM
- New Haven, The Shubert Theater: December 15 at 1PM & 5PM, and December 16 at 1PM & 5PM
- Southbury, Pomperaug HS: December 1 at 7PM, December 2 at 2PM (one of my favorites!)
- Stamford, Palace Theater: December 15 at 1PM & 5PM, December 16 at 1PM & 5PM
- Waterbury, Palace Theater: December 15 at 4 PM.