Connecticut Environment Officials Issue Unhealthy Air Quality Alert
Get ready! Today's weather will be the first scorcher even before the summer begins. Just like the weather, the air quality can change daily too.
The Department of Energy and Envioronmental Protection has a system set up which assesses the quality of the air. When the Air Quality Index (AQI) is above 100, it is said to be "unhealthy". The Air Quality Index range is from 0 to 200+.
- 0-50 Good
- 50-100 Moderate
- 100-150 Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups
- 150-200 Unhealthy
- 200+ Very Unhealthy
Today's AQI is forcasted at 115 which puts us at the "Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups" level. People who suffer from asthma, the elderly and anyone with respiratory related issues may be affected by today's AQI.
Read more local stories:
- Plans FINALLY Made for Old Bennigan's Site on Federal Rd. in Danbury
- Uncle Sam Statue from the Old Danbury Fair Could Be Coming Home
- Win UpTo $5K or See Metallica in Las Vegas
- Ethan and Lou's Second Chance Prom Returns to Danbury
Who Will Lou Be Taking to 3rd annual Second Chance Prom?
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously