Easy Alternate Routes to Avoid I-84 and I-684 Traffic
As a Westchester County resident who commutes to Connecticut, I've been in rough traffic spots countless times on 84 and 684, and thought that it would be best to share some alternate routes that you might not know about.
Ridgefield/Danbury Area to Katonah, NY
- I-84 West between Exit 1: Saw Mill Road, Exit 21: Routes 22 and 121, Exit 20: I-684 North, and Route 22 towards Pawling.
- Turn onto West Lane in Ridgefield and take Route 35 for 9 miles.
- Goldens Bridge Road's traffic light choices:
- Left to Katonah, Pound Ridge, Bedford
- Right towards Goldens Bridge and driving parallel with I-684 North
- I-684 North: towards Goldens Bridge, Somers, North Salem, and Putnam County
- I-684 South/Saw Mill River Parkway entrance ramps to Lower Westchester County or New York City Burroughs.
- You can also stay straight to Route 100's traffic light:
- Straight on Route 35 through Yorktown Heights
- Left towards Millwood and Ossining
- Right on Route 100 towards Katonah or Somers
Danbury Area to Brewster NY
- West Street, Lake Avenue, and Mill Plain Road, Danbury
- Drive parallel of I-84 West and make a right onto Route 22 towards Brewster
- Or I-684 North/I-84 West entrance ramps
Croton Falls NY to Danbury Area:
- I-684's Exit 8: Hardscrabble Road bordering Croton Falls and North Salem
- If you're getting off I-684 North's ramp, make a right on Hardscrabble Road
- Or stay straight if you're already on Hardscrabble Road:
- Left on June Road
- Right on Bloomer Road
- Left on Peach Lake Road.
- I-84 East will be on the right after 2 miles or stay straight to turn on Danbury Road: reverse directions of "Danbury Area to Brewster NY"
Feel free to write down your feedback or suggestions commuting between Connecticut and New York.