Daryl’s House Saved by Swift Response, Chief Says
An early morning fire at Daryl's House Club in Pawling on the 4th of July was contained within 20 minutes, limiting damage almost entirely to the building's exterior.
"There was an extensive working structure fire," said Everett White, chief of the Pawling Fire Department. "Our crews quickly went into action. We made an aggressive exterior attack and had the bulk of the fire knocked down within 20 minutes."
White said an initial investigation determined the fire to have started from an electrical issue with the exterior lighting. The fire is not deemed suspicious, White said.
Daryl's House Club evolved out of Hall and Oates star Daryl Hall's popular Live From Daryl's House series. Hall has an ownership stake in the venue and restaurant, which is located on Route 22 at the building that formerly housed the Town Crier.
Despite many volunteer firefighters out of town over holiday weekend, the Pawling Fire Department and neighboring companies mustered significant manpower to attack the blaze.
"Because of our quick response and the quick response of our neighbors we were able to save that structure," White said.
The only significant damage to the interior of the building was water damage in the kitchen, he noted.
"If you walked through that restaurant area, you wouldn't know there was a fire, aside from the smell of smoke," White said.
Responding firefighters and equipment, as well as coverage of any other fire-related incidents in town, came from companies in Dover, Beekman, Pawling, Patterson, East Fishkill and Sherman, Conn.