Danbury Nursing Home + 5 Others in CT Fined For Lapse in Care
The Department of Public Health passed out fines to six Connecticut nursing homes. One of the violations allegedly resulted in the death of one of the residents.
Connecticut Health I Team, a non-profit dedicated to health and safety issues in the state of Connecticut, reports the following nursing homes incidents that resulted in fines:
- St. Camillus Center, Stamford - $6,000 fine. Video footage indicated that a resident with lung cancer was left unattended from 2/15/18 6:26pm through 2/16/18 5:19am. CPR was not attempted until 10 minutes after an LPN allegedly determined the patient did not have a pulse. That resident was brought to the hospital and prounounced dead.
- River Glen Health Care Center, Southbury - $3,470 fine for two incidents: The first was on 10/31/2017 when a nurses aide did not use a rolling walker and gait belt when assisting a resident who fell and fractured a femur. The second incident was reported on 5/30/17 when a patient became ill after the wrong medication when a nurse's aide made an error transcribing the patient's prescription.
- St. Paul II Center, Danbury - $3,270 - 8/15/17 reports of a broken arm and a head injury. Also, the resident's care plan had not been updated after the patient became weaker requiring more assistance.
- Aaron Manor, Chester - $3,060 fine for an incident on 12/16/17 when a resident required surgery for a broken femur. A nurse's aide, who was aware of a resident's care plan which indicated two-person assist when transfering the patient, allegedly moved the patient alone resulting in a fall.
- Village Crest Center for Health & Rehabilitation, New Milford - $3,060 fine for an incident on 10/16/17 after a resident needed 6 stitches to close a forehead wound after a fall from a wheelchair that was being pushed by a nurse's aide who allegedly did not use leg rests required in the care plan.
- Fairview, Groton - $2,030 fine for abuse by a nurses aide which was not documented completely between 5/25/17 - 6/1/17.
Read more local stories:
- Plans FINALLY Made for Old Bennigan's Site on Federal Rd. in Danbury
- Uncle Sam Statue from the Old Danbury Fair Could Be Coming Home
- Win UpTo $5K or See Metallica in Las Vegas
- Ethan and Lou's Second Chance Prom Returns to Danbury
Who Will Lou Be Taking to 3rd annual Second Chance Prom?
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously