Danbury Meteorologist Calls for Gross ‘Kitchen Sink’ Snowstorm Tonight
He's a local legend, and a bright shining-star of reliable weather information, his name is Jack Drake.
You may have heard us refer to him as "Jack-on-the-Reels" and he is real, really good.
We spoke to the I-95 Morning Show meteorologist Jack Drake on Wednesday (12/14/22) about the upcoming snowstorm. Jack told us to expect the following:
- The storm will take place on Thursday, into Friday
- Thursday afternoon we can expect increasing clouds and it will be extremely chilly.
- Precipitation is estimated to break out around 7 pm or later on Thursday (12/15/22).
- There will likely be some snow at the onset, especially in the hills and points North.
- Around midnight we're likely to see a wintry mix with some rain.
- Jack is not calling for a ton of accumulation, instead projecting 1-3 inches.
- He expects the accumulation to be heavy and sloppy for anyone shoveling.
- The hills, upper New Milford, Kent, points North could see significant accumulation, with as much as 8 inches possible.
- Friday, there is potential for rain all day with a potential for a brief switch back to snow in the evening.
- Jack forecasts dry, clear conditions for Saturday and Sunday.
Listen to Jack's condensed report about the snowstorm coming to the Greater-Danbury area below. NOTE: This was recorded yesterday (12/14/22) so when he says tomorrow night, he is referring to tonight.
Listen below to hear our entire interview with Jack. In it, we learned whether or not we'll have a white Christmas, and how weather models for this winter, compare to some historically bad ones.
For more weather information from Jack Drake, follow his on social media at Danbury Weather. I've found that Jack's forecasts are very reliable.
UPDATE (12/15/22): Jack texted me the updated maps this morning, see below.
Check out the Ethan, Lou & Large Dave Podcast on Apple and Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. It's the same show we do on the radio but with limited commercials and no music. Or, listen live by streaming the show on the I-95 Rock Mobile app, or tune into I-95 (95.1FM).