Danbury DeadHeads Gear Up for Forever Grateful Festival at Ives Concert Park
Returning for its fifth straight year, the Ives Concert Park in Danbury will host the annual Forever Grateful Festival, encouraging fans new and old to come celebrate the music and culture of the Grateful Dead.
With the recent popularity of the Deadhead culture and rise of legacy bands such as Dead and Company or Dark Star Orchestra, Forever Grateful is a fantastic alternative for you and the whole family right in Danbury’s backyard.
Kicking off on July 20 at 2 PM and going until 10:30 PM, Forever Grateful promises a day of nonstop music filled with jamming and dancing, featuring acts covering classics from the Dead, Phish and the Allman Brothers. In addition, there will be local talent playing a range of genres from funk and bluegrass to reggae and rock across three different stages. Headliners this year include SHAKEDOWN, Brothers of the Road and Stella Blue’s Band.
If you have interest or intend on going to the festival, Ives Concert Park have laid out a few guidelines to know ahead of time:
- All events are considered rain or shine, there will be no refunds given due to inclement weather.
- No outside food, beverages, alcohol, glass, bottles or coolers of any kind are allowed in the park.
- Food, soft drinks, water, beer, wine and cocktails will be available for purchase. You must be 21+ with valid ID to purchase alcohol.
- All bags will be searched at the gate.
- Kids 12 and under are free to attend.
Forever Grateful is a wonderful event and opportunity to hear the classics you love without having to drive or dish out the cash for the modern stadium experience. If you, your family, or your friends embrace the lifestyle of the Dead, then Forever Grateful is the event for you. The fun starts next Saturday (July 20th) at 2 PM at Ives Concert Park 43 Lake Avenue Extension over in Danbury. Tickets are available for purchase here.