Crazy Temperature Swings This Week in CT and the Hudson Valley
You know the old saying: If you don't like the weather around here, then wait five minutes.
Nothing could be more true this week, as we ride a roller coaster with some crazy temperatures.
So far, since fall arrived last week, we've had pretty much seasonable temperatures. Well that all changes this week, so get ready for some wild swings. According to the National Weather Service, within just a few days this week, we could see record breaking heat, as temps soar to the upper 80's, low 90's, followed by our first frost of the season. Here's what the National Weather Service predicts:
"Wednesday will likely see record setting temperatures across most of the region as temperatures rise well above normal. Highs are expected to range in the 80s with lower 90s possible across portions of the Hudson Valley. Humidity levels will also increase Wednesday, feeling more summer-like. Things get much cooler late week, with a taste of fall coming to the region. Highs will struggle to hit 60° with multiple chances at rain showers. We'll have to keep an eye on the potential for our first frost Friday night into Saturday morning."
Here's the official forecast from the NWS for the full week:
- Tuesday-Mostly cloudy in the morning, then becoming partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s.
- Tuesday Night-Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 60s.
- Wednesday-Partly sunny. A slight chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the low to mid 80s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
- Wednesday Night-Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 50s.
- Thursday-Rain likely. Much cooler with highs in the lower 60s. Chance of rain 70 percent.
- Thursday Night-Mostly cloudy. Rain likely, mainly in the evening. Lows in the mid 50s. Chance of rain 60 percent.
- Friday-Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
- Friday Night-Mostly clear. Cooler with lows in the upper 30's to low 40's