Police: Scam Returns to Connecticut Town, Costs Residents Thousands
Back in December, New Canaan Police say they became aware of a scam that was duping residents out of money. Well, guess what? It's baaaack!
Here's how it goes:
- The scammer contacts the unsuspecting resident by mail, email or phone
- Resident is bullied by scammer
- Resident pays scammer through an untraceable source
- Resident figures out he's been duped
- TOO LATE
- Scammer focuses on next victim
How does anyone fall for a scheme like this? It is hard to say. There are skeletons in everyone's closet. I am sure that there are some that should be left right there in that ol' sanctuary o'secrets. Reading the letter makes me think, "wow, seriously?" However, there are those that have been swindled and police just want to make sure that it doesn't happen again.
Read More Local Stories:
Ethan and Lou Take Hydration VERY Seriously:
Lou's Hilarious Commercial for Olive Garden's Meatball Pizza Bowl: