How Much Can a Mall Santa Make Over the Holidays?
I was doing an event recently for the radio station that involved a Santa Claus. We were all standing around waiting for Santa's arrival and when he walked in the room, the kids went nuts. The adults all started questioning aloud what this guy could be making during the holiday season.
One of my friends who is a former marketing director for a large corporation threw out a number I could not believe. He told me that for 6 weeks of work, this one particular Santa charges just shy of $13,000.
Now, I don't care if you are rich or poor. That is a sizable chunk of money for the time period to get anyone thinking. It, of course, has a ton of downside. It, of course, would not work for MOST people's schedules, but it does make you think.
If you have the time or could free up the time, would you do it? You can kiss the holidays goodbye and will likely work 7 days a week for 6 weeks, but it may very well be worth it. It's 13-Gs, man!
If you consider some of the nonsense you will put up with it's not hard to imagine where the drunken Santa thing comes from. WARNING - The clip below contains the "F" word.
Do you think that number is accurate? Have you heard larger figures? Is it a lot less? If you know Santa's financial situation, let me know.
Read More Stories:
- Police: Footage Shows Drunk Man Smashing CT State PD Vehicle
- How Do CT's 2017 Holiday Traffic Stats Compare to 2016?
- The Latest CT State Police Holiday Traffic Enforcement Stats
- Hey, Danbury, Get Ready to Stick a Fork in the Exit 6 Project on I-84
- Police: Ridgefield Man Found Unconscious in Car With Loaded Gun
- Toddler Killed, Others Injured After Police Chase in Waterbury
Danbury Activist Lynn Taborsak Is Simply an Amazing Woman:
Can Money Buy Pam's Friendship? Let's Find Out: