Connecticut City Named One of the Best in the Country for Dating
Apartment List surveyed 11,000 singles across the country about dating in their city and their results say Bridgeport, CT was ranked the No. 4 place to live in the country for dating.
The results, posted by the CT Post, say that the survey asked people this question to determine the answer: "How would you rate your current city or neighborhood for opportunities to date?”
While Bridgeport ranked high, New Haven, CT ended up being the fourth worst city in the country for dating.
I am an avid fan of surveys, but most are fatally flawed, in my opinion. I have zero problem with the results, but I do have a problem with the question used to get those results. In fact, I have a problem with the questions included in most surveys -- they are boring.
Let's say, for instance, I was writing the questions for this survey. Here are some I might have included:
- Do you like to party?
- Have you ever been assaulted with food on a date? Ever had someone throw an appetizer at your face or had your face mushed into an omelette at Waffle House?
- Do you consider yourself a "closer?"
- Rate the best looking person you've had relations with on a scale from 1-10.
- Have you been engaged to be married more than thrice?
- Is dancing ability something you consider to be important?
- Rate the overall dancing ability of your city 1-10.
- Have you ever jumped out of a moving car on a date?
- How many cocktails do you need to consume before you say things that you will later regret?
- Have you ever been on a date with someone with cigarette holes in their clothes?
- How many times has an ex-lover contacted you and suggested that you see a physician and get tested for certain diseases?
- Have you ever screamed, "B-----s ain't s--t but h--s and tricks" in a restaurant, and then spiked a wine glass on the floor while on a date?
- Is a clean criminal record important to you?
- Have you ever gone on a date with someone who brought their kid?
These are questions that get inspired and informative answers on this particular topic. This is the kind of survey I want to be associated with, because the results will accurately portray the true identity of the city as it relates to dating.