Connecticut Sets New Tornado Record in 2018
Connecticut set a new record as nine tornadoes swept through the state in 2018.
What's more amazing is that the United States had a year with below average tornadoes. According to weather.com, the previous record in Connecticut was 8 back in 1973. Here are the tornadoes from 2018.
- May 15 - 4 tornadoes touched down in one day. The first one, an EF-1 rolled through Winsted. The second, which was the weakest, hit at Barkhamsted Reservoir. The third passed through Southbury, Oxford, Brookfield, and New Fairfield downing trees, blocking roads and ruining homes and buildings. The 4th and final tornado passed through Beacon Falls, Bethany, and northern Hamden near Sleeping Giant State Park.
- July 17 - An EF-0 tornado briefly touched down in Ashford pushing 80 to 85mph winds.
- August 4 - An EF-0 tornado packing 80mph winds hit Woodstock CT.
- October 2 - Two tornadoes hit Connecticut that day. The first, an EF-1 banged through New Canaan with 100mph winds. The second, which was an EF-0, passed through Mansfield with 70mph winds.
- October 29 - Last but not least was a minor EF-0 tornado that downed and uprooted some trees in Stonington.
Does anyone want to put down some Benjamins on the over/under number of 9 tornadoes in Connecticut for 2019?
Read more local stories:
- 5 Businesses I Wish Could Come Back To Danbury
- Camping for Cans Set to Hit Brookfield Costco
- Sharon Osbourne Drugged Ozzy to Discover His Affairs
Ethan and Lou: 'This is How You Cut a Promo':
Lisa Lampanelli Joined Ethan and Lou Live in the Studio: