Brookfield Memorial Day Parade Road Closure Details
It's back this year! The Brookfield Memorial Day parade will be taking place this Sunday, May 30 at 2 PM.
If you're interested in knowing where the parade will go this year, it will start at Brookfield High School and continue south on Long Meadow Hill Road. It will then head south on Whisconier Road (rt. 25) and pause at Williams Park. When the parade gets to Williams park, there will be a short Memorial ceremony conducted. Once the ceremony comes to an end, it will continue down Whisconier Road to the center of town. The parade will then go left down Obtuse Hill Road and conclude after Center Elementary School.
One thing to always remember with parades is road closures. Make sure you plan your times wisely this Sunday if you have somewhere to be.
According to Brookfield Police, the roads will close at approximately 1:40 PM. Here is a list of the roads that will be closed for the parade:
- Long Meadow (southbound) @ Signal Hill
- Rabbit Lane @ Long Meadow hill Road
- Whisconier Road (southbound) @ Oak Grove Road
- Whisconier Road (northbound) @ Center of Town
- Silvermine Road (eastbound) @ Center of Town
- Route 133 (eastbound) @ Center of Town
- Route 133 (westbound) in the area of Gurski Farm
If you end up going to the parade, send us pictures through our mobile app! We would love to see them.
We hope you have a safe Memorial Day Weekend.