5 Things That Should Replace the Danbury Toys ‘R’ Us
We all know by now that it's very likely that Toys 'R' Us is closing all of its locations soon. So what do you think should move into the soon to be abandoned building in the Danbury Square on Backus Avenue?
It's just another case of a retail store being replaced with online options like Amazon, eBay, and others. The only thing that's a little different here is that it's also the end of some special memories made by parents and their children anytime they visited Toys 'R' Us.
Now no one has said anything about what could possibly be moving into the building when Toys "R" Us closes, but I thought I would fuel the rumor mill with some of my speculation, or stores I would love to see take over the space. We reached out to you through our social media channels to ask what you'd like to see replace the building, and we got huge responses. Here are the top choices.
- Cracker Barrel (Isn't it time we didn't have to drive to Fishkill just to enjoy the entire Cracker Barrel experience.)
- Dave and Busters (Come on it's time. The Palisades Mall is a long way to drive with a car full of kids, we need a place for family fun in the area.)
- Bass Pro Shops (Now I know there's a Bridgeport location, and a location in Utica, N.Y. but come on do you really want to drive all that way for a fishing rod. There's enough outdoor lovers around here to support a store like this.)
- Golden Coral (Tired of all those Chinese buffets, not that there's anything wrong with that, but it would be nice to have an option. There are two Golden Corals in the Hudson Valley, how about one around here.)
- A Comedy Club/Entertainment Venue (There's one thing our area needs more than anything, and that's a little culture. How about a place for music and comedy, and you won't have to drive to New York or Hartford either. Come on we deserve it.)
So there are my suggestions, I'm sure you have a few of your own. Just leave a comment below, or in the comments section on Facebook.
Read More Local Stories: