5 CT Towns Placed on Mandatory Water Restrictions by Aquarion
Just what we need, another thing to worry about in 2020. The Aquarion Water Company has issued a mandatory irrigation ban after five towns in southwest Connecticut hit their third drought trigger this season, according to an article on the Danbury Daily Voice website.
The five towns placed on the mandatory ban are Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan, Stamford, and Westport. According to norwalkct.org, back on September 5, a 'water emergency' was declared for those same towns and included Newtown.
Aquarion President, Donald J. Morrissey, told the Daily Voice that the mandatory ban was necessary to ensure there's enough water for everyday use. CT's Interagency Drought Work Group met on October 1 and have found that water conditions have worsened across much of Connecticut. This is your chance to be part of the solution to Connecticut's drought warning. Aquarion recommends that homeowners:
- Trim one minute off the length of your shower
- Wash only full loads of clothing and dishes
- Don't keep the water continuously running while handwashing dishes
- Minimize baths and the amount of water you use
- Turn off showers and faucets while shaving, lathering up, brushing your teeth