Wild Disparity in Greater-Danbury Gas Prices from Nearly 5 Dollars to Well Under Four
This is the Mitchell Gas Station on Federal Road in Brookfield where the price of regular gas is now $3.89 per gallon.
This is my gas station for a variety of reasons. They are open when I leave for work which is unusual because I get there between 3:45 am - 5 am each weekday. The other reason I became extremely loyal to them is their lottery ticket rule. You cannot scratch off your lotto tickets at the counter or in line.
This is also where I gauge where gas prices are going. This gas station always appears to be on the lower-middle end of gas prices in the Greater-Danbury area. Just a few weeks ago (8/4/22) we told you that the gas prices there had dipped to below $4.
As usual BJ's and Costco are the lowest in the region. According to Gas Buddy Costco is currently $3.77, while BJ's is $3.79. So where is this station compared to others in the area? Here are some of those numbers:
- Irving/Citgo - Brookfield - $3.83
- Mobil - Danbury - Backus Avenue - $4.69
- Shell - Danbury - Newtown Road - $4.09
- Gulf - Danbury - Main Street - $3.81
- Citgo - New Milford - East Street - $3.87
- Valero - New Milford - Danbury Road - $3.90
- Sunoco - New Milford - Danbury Road - $3.95
- Cumberland Farms - New Milford - Danbury Road - #3.93
- Shell - Ridgefield - Danbury Road - $4.69
- Valero - Ridgefield - Danbury Road - $4.19
- Citgo - Bethel - Greenwood Avenue - $3.77
Looking around the area, these are some of the widest disparities we have seen in prices, and Mobil is always charging the most.
Following this has been fascinating and maddening at times because like you, this is messing with my wallet.