Restaurant Week 2019: Centrico in Bethel and Lucas Local in Newtown
Welcome to the first-ever Townsquare Media of Danbury Restaurant Week.
Each day, from Monday, July 22 through Friday, July 26, we'll feature absolutely unbeatable deals (and some giveaways) from some of the very best restaurants in the area.
During a live interview with Vincent, the owner, and Executive Chef Brett, they explained what both of their trendy local restaurants are like and what they have to offer. They also offer up a chance for YOU to win a gift card that works for both their establishments.
Before you check out Vincent and Brett's full interview below, here are some of the highlights:
- "At Centrico, we call it the cuisine of the Americas. So it has a little bit of Mexican food, a little bit of Central and South American foods with a twist from our chef, Brett, to make us as unique as possible something different every all the time and we are also a tequila bar." - Vincent
- "Its national Tequilla day, they brought Tequilas and I'm mad because I have to work all day and everybody else in here is getting loaded"- Lou
- "Lucas Local seafood-centric, oyster bar, and incredible cocktails. We're coming up on our 2nd year in business and we have an incredible team that continues to entertain our quests and it's "shucking" amazing." Vincent
- "There's a shucking manager in here -- I've never heard of that before" - Lou
- "Yes, she's the mother shucker." - Vincent
- "If had known that was a job, I wouldn't be here." - Lou
- "Do I need a reservation to get in?" - Ethan
- "Definitely for Lucas Local - usually a week ahead of time for the weekend. For Centrico, it's first come first serve."- Vincent
Here is a photo gallery of our visit with Lucas Local and Centrico: