Putnam County Woman Accused of Multiple Counts of Identity Theft
A Putnam County woman is accused of stealing a person’s identity.
On Feb., 8, New York State Police from Cortlandt arrested 33-year-old Rebecca P. Simmons of Putnam Valley for forgery, second-degree identity theft, criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and a misdemeanor for third-degree identity theft.
On January 23, troopers received a complaint about a possible identity theft in the town of Cortlandt. Investigators learned that Simmons made multiple purchases with a stolen credit card, police say.
Simmons was arraigned before the town of Cortlandt Court and released on her own recognizance.
Read More Local Stories:
- The Worst Places in Greater Danbury to Take Your Valentine
- What's Lurking at the Bottom of Candlewood Lake?
- Brookfield Home May Have Been a Stop on the Underground Railroad
- Dover Plains Woman Shocks World, Pregnant With Father's Baby
- An Idea That Ensures We Will NEVER Forget the 'Ice Jam' in Kent
Ethan and Lou's 10 'Deal Breakers' That Will End a Date in a Hurry:
A Cozy Storybook Castle in Connecticut for You and Your Queen: