Job Openings Are Plentiful in Danbury, Career Fair Coming to Mall
Thomas Edison said: “opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
Everyone needs the fulfillment that comes from a hard day's work. That said, the past few years have been difficult on employees and employers alike. According to stats from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics via Yahoo, there are more open jobs than there are available workers in the U.S.
That report was published on Monday (2/13/23) and says the nation has 11 million job openings and just 5.7 million unemployed workers to fill them. While the American workforce shortage is problematic for business, these vacancies provide a lot of opportunity for those willing to work.
Danbury is not immune to these conditions, there are many open jobs in the Hat City and the surrounding towns. Some of the organizations seeking workers will gather at the Danbury Fair Mall on Wednesday,March 1 from 3-6 pm. The event is called The Greater Danbury Career Fair and the following companies will be in attendance:
- Ability Beyond
- Arden Building Companies
- Autism Behavioral Health
- Bankers Life
- Belimo Americas
- Capital Preparatory Schools
- City of Norwalk
- Companions & Homemakers
- Connecticut Department of Transportation
- Connecticut Renaissance
- Constructive Partnerships Unlimited
- Danbury Army Recruiting Station
- Danbury Public Schools
- Dental Associates of CT
- Department of Emergency & Public Protection: Division of Connecticut State Police - Government
- EdAdvance - School Based Mental Health Services
- EdAdvance - Transportation
- Edner Camps
- Enterprise Holdings
- Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions
- EY LLP
- Fairfield County Bank
- Fastenal Company
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Fryer Machine Systems Inc.
- Green Chimneys
- Hudson Valley Credit Union
- Jetro Restaurant Depot
- Kelly Services
- KinderCare Learning Companies
- LesserEvil Healthy Brands
- Mannkind Corporation
- National Health Care Associates Inc.
- National Park Services
- Newtown Savings Bank
- Norbert E. Mitchell Co., Inc.
- Northwestern Mutual- Stamford/Westport/Fairfield-CT
- Nuvance Health
- PMC-STS, Inc.
- Prudential Advisors
- Regional YMCA of Western Connecticut
- RightPro Staffing LLC
- Ring's End, Inc.
- Savings Bank of Danbury
- Securitas Security Services, USA
- Spring Village at Danbury
- State of Connecticut Executive Branch
- T-Mobile USA, Inc.
- Teach for America
- The Arc Mid-Hudson
- The Roux Institute of Northeastern University
- Therap Services
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Navy Talent Acquisition Group New England
- Union Savings Bank
- Waterbury Public Schools
- Webster Bank
- Western Connecticut State University
We talked about the job fair on the Tuesday (2/14/23) edition of the I-95 Morning Show and the discussion took an unexpected turn.
Some Common Sayings Just Don't Work in Connecticut, Here Are 7 of Them
11 Unreasonably Useless Trivia Facts About the State of CT
Check out the Ethan, Lou & Large Dave Podcast. The show is available wherever you get your podcasts, including Apple and Spotify. The program is the same one we do on the radio but with limited commercials and no music. You can also listen live by streaming the show on the I-95 Rock Mobile app, or tune into I-95 (95.1FM).