Police: Carbon Monoxide Scare At Brookfield Home Due To Generator
Brookfield Police had a scary situation Wednesday evening as a family had to be transported to Danbury Hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. The family was running a generator inside their garage and the fumes made it into the house.
The Brookfield Police Department and Office of Emergency Management issued the following statement:
Last night, there was a near-tragic incident involving carbon monoxide poisoning because a resident was running a generator inside of their garage – all four persons in the home were transported by ambulance to Danbury Hospital for treatment and one of those has had to be transferred for more advanced care to an out of state hospital.
PLEASE – never run generators indoors and always use them outdoors and well away from any windows and doors.
We have also had some chain saw accidents resulting in injuries, as well, so please use caution and wear proper protective equipment when operating chain saws to clear debris from your yard.
If wires are involved do not go near them until a representative of Eversource declares them safe to approach. Always assume power lines are energized and dangerous.
Here are a few more tips that could come in handy when dealing with power outages. Crews have been working around the clock, and hopefully everybody will be back on line soon. In the meantime, please be safe.
Read More Local Stories:
- 5 Tornadoes, 3 Macrobursts Now Confirmed Between CT and H.V.
- Mayor Mark on Danbury's Power Restoration, Injuries, Storm Damage
- A List of Storm Shelters Now Open in Greater Danbury
- Listeners Share Their Devastating Storm Experiences [GALLERY]
- Danbury, Brookfield Police Departments Issue Statements On Storm
- New Fairfield Looked Like a War Zone in the Storm's Aftermath
What Would Like to See LESS of On Candlewood Lake?
Bonus Video: Lou Milano Presents: 'Snack Attack'