10 of the Best Food Trucks in Fairfield County
Food trucks are a thing. A very big thing. A Food Truck Festival thing!
1. THE GREEN GRUNION - Danbury
Located at Kenosia Park on Christopher Columbus Blvd, in Danbury, the Green Grunion is a San Diego style burrito truck - (4.5/Yelp)
2. TACOS EL AZTECA - Norwalk
El Azteca is parked at the corner of Cross and Main Streets in Norwalk and cooks up tacos, quesadillas, burittos, and tortas - (4.5/Yelp)
3. HAPA - Stamford
The Hapa Food Truck resides in Stamford and serves up American street food with Filipino, Hawaiian, and Asian flare to it. - (5 out of 5 on Yelp)
4. LOBSTERCRAFT - Stamford to Shelton
Lobstercraft roams through Fairfield County from Stamford to Shelton offering up 5 kinds of lobster rolls. If you're looking for the Lobstercraft food truck, call 203-956-5554.
5. THE TASTY YOLK - Bridgeport & Fairfield
Located at 4700 Park Ave in Bridgeport, The Tasty Yolk serves up all things breakfast in the way of gourmet breakfast sandwiches.
6. EL CHARRITO TACO TRUCK - Stamford
One of the original food trucks in the country, you can find El Charrito on Jackie Robinson Pkwy in Stamford serving up some of the best Mexican food in Connecticut.
7. THE BRUNCH BOX - Stamford
The Brunch Box offers breakfast and lunch and killer gourmet coffee on the streets of Stamford.
8. WEENIE LYNN'S - Danbury
Weenie Lynn's is based in Danbury but is known to travel where the action is. They feature amazing hot dogs and their specialty sandwich, The Porker. This Saturday, July 30, you'll find them at the Ives Concert Park for the 'Beau Bolero' show, the ultimate Steely Dan tribute band.
9. MELT MOBILE - Stamford to Norwalk
From simply delicious grilled cheese sandwiches to their "Insanewich" which is a burger encased by two grilled cheese sandwiches, the Melt-Mobile can usually be found somewhere between Norwalk and Stamford.
10. BOUNTY - Across Fairfield County
Grass fed beef, and two chefs trained at the Culinary Institute of America. The Bounty's menu speaks for itself.
If you're a devout Food Truck fan, you're gonna love The New England Food Truck Festival at Mohegan Sun on Saturday, Sept 9, and Sunday, Sept 10.
Read More Local Stories:
- 7 Questions About Danbury, CT That Have Appeared on Jeopardy
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and His Connection to Connecticut
- Danbury Man Arrested After Assault on Pregnant Woman in Brewster
- Newtown Police Respond When Bank Employee Writes 'Help' as a Joke
Bonus: Five Guys on Federal Rd. Mysteriously Closes:
Bonus: The Hatters' Monument in Danbury, CT Is Unveiled