Yanks, Mets & Red Sox Roll Out Tasty New Ballpark Food for 2018
This ain't your grandpa's ballpark food.
When we had Mets season tickets during the Strawberry, Gooden, and Hernandez years, I couldn't wait to get to our seats so I could stand in line for Shea Stadium's curly fries! It seems like MLB ballpark food has gotten more sophisticated and gradually more expensive since the 1980's. Let's take a look at the new menu offerings for Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, and Citi Field for the 2018 season.
Yankee Stadium - New York Yankees
Even though you may have to take out a home equity credit line to feed a family of four at Yankee Stadium, the new treats that await you will blow you away! Check these out.
- Pinstripe Pilsner
- Brisket Burnt Ends
- King's Hawaiian Pork Sandwiches
- Noodle Stand - Features bacon cheeseburger crispy dumplings and General Tso's Crisp Chicken Sandwiches
- Grand Slam Shakes
Fenway Park - Boston Red Sox
According to boston.com., the honchos in charge of the ballpark menu items are finally coming around and catching up with other ballparks across the country that are embracing some of the more adventurous menu items. Check out some of Fenway's new eats for 2018.
- Creme Brulee French Toast - Available only on afternoon game days.
- Pulled Chicken Taco Trio
- Fenway Taters - Tatar tots topped with bacon bits, sour cream, and chives
Citi Field - New York Mets
Thanks to the website, amny.com., the following are the Mets newest culinary offerings for the 2018 season.
- Wowfulls - 1950's style Hong Kong egg waffles filled up with ice cream and all types of sweets.
- L'il Sweet Chick - Features OG Fried Chicken Sandwich topped with heirloom tomato and lettuce and a spread of herb mayo.
- Baked Cheese Haus - Featuring its Alpine Brat Sandwich which is foot long smothered in raclette cheese on an artisanal baquettte.
- Chomp Donut Company
* Maybe it's just me but with these 4 new menu items, is the Mets front office trying to fat and sugar us to death? I hope the concession employees are all trained in CPR!