Not So Cuddly: 2 Mahopac Women Sent to Hospital After Guinea Pig Fight
There was a full pig out, wig out session in Mahopac according to Carmel police.
According to the Patch, Carmel Police got a call on Sunday night (4/9/23) about a dispute between two roommates. When cops arrived they determined the women were having an altercation over a guinea pig. The battle reportedly turned physical and both women had to be sent to Putnam Hospital for injuries sustained during the fight.
The women were not mentioned by name in the report and both have been charged with 3rd degree assault and given a ticket to appear in court. The struggle was real on this headline. I needed something people would click on, something that doesn't offend anyone (including the guinea pig), something SEO friendly. There were so many fire hoops to jump through.
Here were some of the headlines that landed on the cutting room floor:
- Piggin Out: 2 Mahopac Women Go Loco Over Domesticated Weasel
- Mahopac Women Experience Diesel Weasel Love that Results in Charges
- CORRECTION: Guinea Pigs are Rodents, Not Weasels, Two Women Fight Over Rodent in Mahopac
- Furry Fight: Mahopac Women Charged for Assault Over Guinea Pig
- Hairball: Mahopac Duo Beefs Over Guinea Pig
- Rodent Mania: Mahopac Becomes Battleground for Guinea Pig Enthusiasts
Fun Fact about Guinea Pigs from our friend Jen "The Zookeeper" Kotkin:
Guinea pigs are called ‘rock babies’ or ‘rock cavies’ in the wild and are native to South America and can live at elevations up to 16,000 feet.
We talked about this on the Monday (4/17/23) version of the I-95 Morning Show, listen below.
Then, I realized I was upset with my original presentation of the guinea pig story.
I've been dreaming of this story my whole life. It's local, it has scandal, animals and ended in arrests and I blew it. I feel like Scott Norwood. You had one job to do Louis, one.