Norovirus Bug Blamed For Sickness Outbreak in Danbury
What exactly was that bug that attacked some Danbury residents the day before Christmas?
The Danbury Health Department was notified on the day after Christmas that some sort of illness was taking hold of a number of Danbury residents. After an investigation by health officials, the NewsTimes reported that Norovirus, a highly contagious virus caused by an infected person or contaminated food was the culprit.
The Norovirus causes stomach cramps, vomiting, and diarrhea. Some of the complaints were from individuals who ate at Danbury's Black Angus Grill but others who got sick did not dine at Black Angus. In the early stages of the investigation, there has been no indication that the food served at Black Angus caused the virus outbreak.
The co-owner of Barberies Black Angus Grill, Karen Barberie followed all of the health department's instructions and even closed the restaurant to allow the health department to investigate. After 24-hours, the eatery was deemed safe and there was no evidence of Norovirus.