Hundreds in Hudson Valley Hospitalized by Aggressive Flu Strain
This season's especially nasty flu strain just won't take a break!
Last week this annoying flu strain went into all-out attack mode which has sent hundreds of Hudson Valley residents to the hospital according to the White Plains Daily Voice. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention haven't seen a flu this aggressive in more than a decade.
This past week in New York influenza cases were up 37% from the previous week. 20 pediatric deaths have been attributed to influenza including a 10 year old boy in New Canaan. You DO NOT want a case of this year's flu. My wife Mindy was down and out for three solid weeks. So, what can you do to try and side-step the flu? This is what the CDC recommends.
- Whatever you do, take the time to get a flu shot. Remember, there's a possibility you could die.
- If you know someone is sick, that means no making out or getting close enough where you could catch their creeping crud.
- If you have a fever, hide in the house, see no one and wait 24 hours after the fever goes away.
- Always cover your nose and mouth when you sneeze.
- WASH YOUR HANDS often with soap and water.
Remember, flu shot, flu shot, flu shot! Get one ASAP!