CT’s Club Getaway Will Be the Backdrop For Bravo TV Reality Show, Thanks I Knew This Already
Last week people were sending me articles about my favorite place in the entire world, Club Getaway in Kent, CT. They very much wanted me to know that the sprawling camp would be featured on an upcoming Bravo TV reality show. I didn't need the articles although I always appreciate a heads up. I didn't need to be told about this because I knew, I was there when Bravo was filming and the owner David and I are pals for life.
What some of you are not getting through your thick skulls is that when I love a person, place or thing (noun), I love it all the way. Club Getaway is one of the places in this world that I love wholeheartedly. I love so hard most people, places and things can't handle it. There's is no information you could give me about Club Getaway I don't already have because of my love and attention. In fact, Club Getaway is a perfect example of how my love works.
I heard about this place that allows adults to play like children on the grounds of a beautiful camp, right around the corner from my house. I immediately like the concept and got to work, I courted the Club and it's leadership, they were feeling me, they reached out, invited me, I went, I played and I learned that it was better than I could have ever imagined. While I was there, I forced a meeting with the owner and by the end of the weekend, David and I were drinking champagne coolies together and exchanging life stories.
That wasn't the end, I came home and obsessed over it, I setup a business meeting, met with the owner again and when everything is done, I'll let you know how amazing it's all going to be and how it can benefit you. This is what my love looks like and when it's hitting on all cylinders it can improve the community thus improving the world.
Reality shows are cool, I've been on a couple of them, I watch some of them and this one about Club Getaway will be fantastic, no question but this show is not the identity or the final say on Club Getaway. I'll have the final say on how Club Getaway is defined around the Greater Danbury area, I'll have the last word because I am boss AF.
So, yeah I heard about the show, thanks. Before this thing gets on TV and every wannabe Celebrity housewife is pounding the gates down, trying to get in, call and book a stay. You'll see me there at some point this summer, attempting and failing to climb a wall or cackling my way through the treetops on the zip-line or spiking dodge-balls off my wife's face because this is how I do. Here are some things you might actually want to know other than how awesome I am:
- The Bravo show is called "Camp Getaway" and debuts April 6 at 10/9c.
- Club Getaway is located at 59 S Kent Rd, Kent, CT
- You can book a Getaway here or by calling 1-800-6-GETAWAY
- While Club Getaway's adult weekend packages get all the media publicity, it's not all they offer. They do have youth programs, family getaways, host wedding and do private events.
- The activities list is endless, if you can dream an outdoor or indoor activity they have it available. I played dodge-ball, did a mixology class, baked a cake, attempted to climb a wall, went zip-lining, pumpkin carving and went to a flag football game (my wife wouldn't let me play because of my knees). We attended theme parties, ate like kings/queens and danced more than any person named me should dance.
- No one told me what to do, where to stand or what not to do while I was there. This is a big deal for me, those of you who are familiar with my work, know I do not like being told what to do. Every place I've been on this Earth, no matter how much I liked or loved it, at some point, someone told me what I could and could not do. In the two plus days I spent at Club Getaway, no one gave me the business.
You like photos? Here are some photos:
I took this one right before a massive, delicious breakfast. The leaves were starting to turn because it was their fall finale event that wraps up the Getaway season.
Erica and I took this photo at about 2:45 pm on Sunday, our last day there. Prior to the photo we had Truly's on the patio while playing Rock and Roll bingo. After the photo came the dodge-ball where I was blasting people in the face with rubber balls.
Here's Erica in a big chair, what's fun about this chair is that it's much bigger than your average chair.
I kept hearing about how amazing the theme parties are at Club Getaway. Saturday afternoon I snuck into the pavilion to watch them get setup for the party themed after the FX TV Show; American Horror Story 1984.
This is what it looked like later that night, every detail was accounted for and the ambiance was super cool and scary. The picture could have been better but I was partying so there.
This is dinner before the big party, it was it's own party and my wife told me to calm down because we had a long night ahead of us. I was not calm, not calm at all but managed to make it all the way through despite my child like anticipation.
Here's a picture of me standing in front of the sign when I went in the off season to do business. I brought my briefcase that day which contained crackers and a kazoo.
There's my cabin down on the right. It's important you know that I was 61 feet from a bar.