CT is the 27th Most Hungover State in the Nation
Zippia studied Google searches related to hangover cures to find the most hungover states in our great nation and the Nutmeg State was right around the middle of the pack, ranking as the 27th most hungover state in America. New York ranked 35th and New Jersey was 39th.
The state with the most hangover cure searches was Alaska and Arkansas was the least hungover state. While conducting their research they even managed to come up with a truly odd related search that became common, “wet socks hangover cure.”
That "cure" is exactly what it sounds like. According to "wet sock" proponents these are the steps you need to take.
- Soak your feet in warm water until your feet turn pink.
- Then soak the cotton socks in cold water.
- Dry your feet off and then put the cold wet cotton socks on.
- Don the dry wool socks over the wet cotton socks.
- Get into bed, cover your feet, and then snooze.
You are probably asking, does this work? I've never tried this personally but hangovercure.org (yes, that's a thing) did share their opinion saying:
Unfortunately, there isn’t any evidence to say that it works. The scientific basis that wet socks will cure a hangover also isn’t plausible.
I can tell you what I have tried and it works every single time. You will need four Tylenol, a full bottle of Pedialyte and access to a great deli in town. After a night of drinking you:
- Take 2 Tylenol and wash it down with half a bottle of Pedialyte. For the uninitiated, you need to know this is not a pleasant beverage.
- Go to bed.
- When you wake up, you drink the other half-bottle of Pedialyte and take the other two Tylenol.
- Go to your nearest deli and order a sausage egg and cheese with double sausage. If you are a person that normally adds onions, hot sauce or pepper, DON'T.
When all of the steps are complete you will be right as rain. You will not have wet feet and you are ready to tackle the day.
P.S. Hey CT, we can do better here, if you're not first you're last and it looks like we are a lot worse than last. Let's pop some bottles this weekend and get that metric up to the top where it belongs.