Crack the Vault Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VALID ONLY IN CONNECTICUT AND NEW YORK AND IS OPEN ONLY TO QUALIFIED PERSONS (AS DEFINED IN THE RULES BELOW). VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT FALL WITHIN THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AS SET FORTH BELOW.
Contest Period: Contest registration is scheduled to begin on 5/2/2022 and end 5/20/2022. The grand prize contest event is scheduled to occur on 5/21/2022 at Savings Bank of Danbury, 295 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851 from 11:00am ET – 1:00pm ET. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void outside CT, NY and wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
Who May Enter: Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents of CT and NY, who are age 18 or older as of date of entry with a valid U.S. driver’s license, except the following classes of persons who are not eligible to enter:
- Employees, officers, and directors of Savings Bank of Danbury (“Sponsor”), Townsquare Media (“Contest Administrator”), each of their respective franchisees, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, distributors, retailers, printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the design or execution of this promotion (collectively “Released Parties”) and the members of the immediate families or households of any of the above, whether or not related. “Immediate family members” includes, for purposes of this promotion, parents (including in-laws), grandparents, siblings (including step-siblings), children (including step-children), grandchildren (including step grandchildren) and each of their respective spouses.
- Individuals who are unable or unwilling to visit Savings Bank of Danbury during grand prize event date on 5/21/2022
How to Enter – Three Ways:
- On Air Contest Qualification – I95 Rock (WRKI-FM): Listen to WRKI-FM each weekday beginning 5/2/2022 through 5/20/2022 to qualify as a finalist during on air contests. The station will play a designated contest sounder, and/or the announcer will instruct listeners to call the studio contest line during each contest qualification attempt. The designated caller, as determined and announced on-air by the announcer (example: caller 10, caller 105, etc.) at that time will qualify as a finalist for a chance to participate in the grand prize dice roll contest. The designated caller is at the announcer’s discretion and may change from announcer to announcer. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions or any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his or her telephone call.
- On-Line Registration: To enter via on-line registration, visit i95rock.com during the “Registration Period” and click the Contest entry button to connect to the Contest registration page. Each entrant must fully complete the on-line registration page with all required information including his/her name, complete address, valid email address, birth date, and phone number(s) (including area code(s)). After having read and agreed to these Official Rules, click the submit button to submit your on-line entry. All on-line entries must be fully complete for all required information, and must be received by 11:59pm ET on 5/19/2022 to be eligible. Maximum of one on-line entry per person and per valid email address. Any on-line entry submitted with an invalid email address will be disqualified.
Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, or for lost or stolen entries boxes, or for entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules, or for any entry not submitted or received due to any technical error or failure, unauthorized human intervention, inaccurate capture or mis-entry of any required information, or the failure to capture any such information or effects of hackers or failure of any electronic equipment, computer or cellular transmissions and/or network connections; all of which will be disqualified.
Each participant must submit an entry on his/her own behalf. Any entry submitted on behalf of another individual or using another person’s email address or name will be disqualified and ineligible to claim any prize. No mechanically reproduced or automated entries permitted. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification and all such entries will be deemed void.
In the event of a dispute as to any on-line registration, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant and he/she must be eligible according to these Official Rules. The “authorized email account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. All entries received become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
Finalist Selection & Notification: A maximum total of (95) finalists will be randomly selected between the two (2) registration methods to participate in the grand prize contest event (see contest description below):
Maximum of one finalist per household. Each selected finalist will be notified initially by phone or email of their selection. Any pre-selected finalist that cannot be reached or contacted to confirm their selection after an initial attempt may be disqualified and an alternate finalist may be selected and notified, time permitting. During the finalist notification, potential finalist must confirm their eligibility, and indicate their willingness and ability to attend the grand prize event on 5/21/2022 to participate in the in the grand prize contest (see description below).
Any selected finalist who does not meet the eligibility requirements, does not wish to participate in the grand prize contest, or who is unable or unwilling to attend the grand prize event will be disqualified. An alternate finalist will then be randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries received, and notified per the procedures outlined above, time permitting. Only finalists selected and notified by Sponsor will be eligible to participate in the grand prize contest. All other entrants are ineligible. Finalist selection and participation is non-transferable. No other individual may participate on behalf of a selected finalist. Decisions of judges in the selection of finalists, and all matters related to this contest are final.
Selected finalist(s) must be present at the date, time and location as specified by Sponsor to participate in the grand prize contest. Any finalist who fails to appear by the required deadline as stated by Station will be disqualified, and will not receive any alternate contest attempts, prize substitution or compensation. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to change the date, time or location of the grand prize contest. Finalists will be notified of any changes at the time of their selection and/or notification. Difficulties with getting to location to enter or participate in the contest are not the responsibility of Sponsors.
How to Play: The predetermined winning (5) digit number for this contest will be randomly pre-selected and placed in a sealed security envelope. The randomly predetermined winning number will be programmed into the key pad and locking mechanism of the “bank vault” that will be used for all contest attempts.
In order to be a valid attempt, each eligible contestant must complete the following in the presence of the contest administrator:
- Print and sign their full name, along with their (5) digit number guess on the first unoccupied line of the provided registration sign-in binder.
- After completing the registration binder, the contestant must enter their (5) digit number guess exactly as recorded on the registration form into the digital key pad on the bank vault, followed by the * key on the key pad. (Example – if the contestant’s number guess is recorded as 1-2-3-4-5 on the registration form, then they must enter 1-2-3-4-5-* on the bank vault key pad. The *-key acts as an ‘enter’ button.)
Contestants are responsible for correctly entering their (5) digit number guess into the key pad exactly as recorded in the registration binder. No prize will be awarded for any attempt that is incorrectly entered into the key pad. Any attempt initiated without the presence of the contest administrator will be void.
Claiming the Bank Vault Contest Grand Prize: In order to claim the Bank Vault contest grand prize, an eligible contestant must record the winning (5) digit number (as contained in the sealed security envelope) in the registration binder, then unlock and open the bank vault only be means of entering that winning number into the keypad.
- The act of opening the bank vault door does NOT constitute a winning attempt. The prize will NOT be awarded as a result of opening the bank vault door or lock due to tampering, malfunction, damage, physical force or any means other than by entering the winning number into the key pad.
- The (5) digit number recorded by the contestant in the official registration binder and entered by that contestant into the key pad on the bank vault must exactly match the predetermined winning (5) digit number that was randomly pre-selected for this contest, and that is contained in the sealed security envelope. The grand prize will NOT be awarded as a result of any of the following reasons including, but not limited to:
- Any number recorded by the contestant on the registration form and entered into the digital key pad that does not match the predetermined winning number contained in the sealed master envelope;
- Any tampering, malfunction, damage, or use of physical force that causes the bank vault to unlock or open;
- A contestant who records the winning number on the registration form, but fails to correctly enter that number into the key pad.
Prize Awards & Delivery:
Grand Prize – Maximum (1) Grand Prize Award: In the event of a successful grand prize attempt, the corresponding contestant will be eligible to claim the grand prize subject to approval and verification of compliance with these official rules. The grand prize for this contest is: a check in the amount of $25,000 made payable to the grand prize winner.
All income, federal, state and local taxes are Grand Prize winner’s sole responsibility. All grand prize awards are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except at Administrator’s sole discretion or as provided herein. Administrator reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
A maximum (1) grand prize will be awarded to the first contestant who successfully completes the contest requirements. The contest is immediately concluded following the first successful attempt, regardless of the number of completed attempts – and no additional contestants will be allowed to participate. In the event there is no grand prize winning attempt, then the grand prize will not be awarded.
Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, contestant will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation. If there is no winning attempt in the contest according to these contest rules, the grand prize will not be awarded. Total ARV of all prizes: $25,000.
Additional Rules & Restrictions: By participating in this contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to this contest. In the event an entrant wins a prize, and is later found to be in violation of these rules he/she will be required to forfeit the prize or to reimburse Sponsor for the stated value of the prize if such violation is discovered after winner has used the prize. Participation in contest constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade in any media worldwide without limitation or further compensation unless prohibited by law. False, fraudulent or deceptive entries or acts shall render entrants ineligible for any prize.
Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the contest or in the announcement of the prizes/prize winners. By accepting prizes, winners agree to hold sponsor, and released parties (collectively “Releasees”), from any claims, losses, actions, or damages of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, for injury (including but not limited to death), damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in this contest, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any prize, or participation in prize-related activities (including but not limited to travel related thereto), and to assume all liability in connection therewith.
Releasees shall not be liable to any winner, entrant or any other person for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof by reason of any acts of God, any actions, regulations, orders, or requests by any governmental entity, equipment failure, terrorist acts, war, fire, unusually severe weather, embargo, labor dispute or strike, labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, or any other cause beyond Releasees’ sole control. No more than the advertised maximum number of prizes will be awarded for any reason.
IN CASE OF DISPUTES: By participating, each participant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any rebates awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within the State of New Jersey; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New Jersey or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New Jersey.
Odds: The odds of winning the contest by correctly guessing and entering the winning code in the vault are 1:100,000
Winners List: For a copy of these official rules or the name of prize winner, if any, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Crack the Vault Contest, c/o . Townsquare Media, 1004 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804. PLEASE SPECIFY which you are requesting. Requests must be received by 7/21/2022.
Contest Sponsor: This contest is sponsored by Savings Bank of Danbury, 295 Westport Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06851.
Contest Administrator: This contest is administered by Townsquare Media, 1004 Federal Road, Brookfield, CT 06804